Saving Private Ryans gotta be in there too.
Printable View
Saving Private Ryans gotta be in there too.
Only one bomb for Hanks in all the movies that he has been in (Ladykillers). He is a heckuva actor.
I loved that movie, I thought "The Ladykillers" was pretty funny...I know it didnt do too well but it was good
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saving Private Ryans gotta be in there too. </div></div>
I've actually never seen it...
Good call on Lewis. Phillip Seymour Hoffman seems to be more of a good supporting actor, I don't think of him as a lead IMO.
Hanks and Denzel are great actors, and can play many different parts, especially Denzel, going from Coach Boone to a gangsta cop.
Didnt Hoffman get best actor for Capote? He can lead.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larry_legend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hanks and Denzel are great actors, and can play many different parts, especially Denzel, going from Coach Boone to a gangsta cop. </div></div>
Thanks for the laugh. Denzel Washington is one of the most one-dimensional actors to ever disgrace the silver screen.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larry_legend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hanks and Denzel are great actors, and can play many different parts, especially Denzel, going from Coach Boone to a gangsta cop. </div></div>
Thanks for the laugh. Denzel Washington is one of the most one-dimensional actors to ever disgrace the silver screen. </div></div>
Are you kidding me? Denzel is one of the best actors Ive seen...go watch John Q
Jamie Foxx won one too, as did Adrien Brody and Forrest Whitaker.
I guess I just think your best actors are people who can lead, and be diverse. That's not to say that PS Hoffman isn't good, just don't think of him when I think of great. I mean Bill Murray got a nomination, and while I like him, I don't know too many people who consider him a great actor [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
(Don't get me started on Jude 'Bomb' Law)